My Sweet Followers

Friday, September 11, 2015

Happy Birthday Balou!


 Hey!

Today I made a card for our dog will turn 7 on the 16th of September and he lives with us for over 2 years now. I used sketch #117 from i {heart} sketches.

The first time I saw this From the Heart Stamps image I knew I had to use it for our dog. We have a chocolate Labrador and he looks just like him. I have used pastel yellow cardstock as the cardbase and an embossing folder with paw prints. The image is called "Doggone Birthday". I colored it with Promarkers and try to make some short little hairs for his fur. The image is matted on dark blue cardstock. I made the sentiment myself in Word. The paw is a punch and added a little bone charm underneath it. For the two stripes behind the image I used some washi tape.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day!

Hugs,
Kitty

2 comments:

Imke said...

Adorable card, Kitty ! The scene looks great, the emombssing dog prints are a great touch and you´ve did a great job with our Sketch 117. Happy B-day to Balou ! Thanks for joining us @ From the Heart Stamps !!

Jo said...

Awwww, I LOVE that you made a card for dog's birthday, and it's such an adorable one too. Happy Birthday Balou xx
Thank you for joining in the sketchy fun with us at FTHS!
Jo xx