My Sweet Followers

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Our pumpkin for my dad this year


Hey!

Since my father died on halloween 2007 I decided to carve a pumpkin each year in his honor.

We don't celebrate halloween in The Netherlands, but I started to decorate our home for halloween since 2008. We always are looking out to the 31th October, because we think only happy thoughts of my dad.

I miss him very much and each year more and more. But I know, that when my time has come to leave this earth I'll meet him again. "Dad this year I carved an owl, Love You!"

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day!

Wanna enter my pumpkin to:
Show me Thursday #47 at Sassy Cheryl's
Challenge 18 at Dream Valley Challenges

Hugs,
Kitty

8 comments:

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

wao..such a cute pumpkin :)
Have fun honey :)
Love ~

Intruderlady said...

thanks for your comment sweety.

Sassy Cheryl said...

I'm sure your dad would love this owl! It's so cute!
It's great that you do something for your dad each year! Thanks for playing along in the SMThursday fun at Sassy Cheryl's this week.

Intruderlady said...

thank you so much for your sweet comment cheryl!
hugs

Carole of Brum said...

Wow, that's great carving! I love your tradition to do this even though Halloween isn't something that is celebrated in the Netherlands.

It's also great to see a different type of project in our challenge, so I am really glad you entered this. Thanks for joining in with us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Hope you have a happy time this year too, it's a lovely way to remember your Dad. CoB

Intruderlady said...

Thank you for your comment Carole.

Shari said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Dad!! You have done an awesome job on this pumpkin. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Shirley said...

This is one of the most ingenious designs. I'm sure your father would love it, and glad that you remember him in a fun way.