My Sweet Followers

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Color Inspiration Challenge #50

Hi Everybody,

This time I am entering a Color Inspiration Challenge from Kristina Werner for the 1st time. She is one of my favorite cardmakers on Youtube.

Now I can enter because I don't have to use Stampin' Up colors. (I simply don't have anything from SU) I am very very very happy I can enter by just using the colors she picked for this challenge (Brown, Red, Yellow, Turquoise & White).

This is her inspiration photo.


Here's the card I made with the required colors.




I made a RED card, cut off a strip and made a border with a corner rounder. Attached a strip of TURQUOISE cardstock and stamped on a border with Stazon Timber BROWN.

I used a friendship stamp and stamped it with Stazon Timber BROWN ink on a piece of WHITE cardstock and matted it on a piece of TURQUOISE cardstock. I attached this with foamtape on the RED strip that I had cut off the card before and placed that on a piece of YELLOW wire mesh and attached it on the card with my fastenator using a YELLOW staple.

Then I took a wooden butterfly that I colored with Stazon Timber BROWN ink, made some faux stitching with a WHITE gelpen and attached it on the RED card with some foamtape.

I enjoyed making this card and entering this challenge. The colors were great to work with.

If you would like to enter the challenge too, simply click on the inspiration photo and join. Deadline: Saturday, May 2 at 7:00 pm MT

Hugs,
Kitty

3 comments:

Traveling Mama said...

Welcome! So glad you decided to join us! Cute card!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Super fun stiched butterfly! Great job on the color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Savitri said...

This is adorable!!!! I love the huge butterfly!!